Workshop on the transformative effect of access and re-use of data for smart industries
Organised by the European Commission, this workshop represents an opportunity for data intensive industry sectors to have their say and provide their input on the challenges they face when trying to access and re-use data. This workshop is held in the framework of the structured dialogue, and aims, in particular, at discussing the following:
- Preliminary findings, including on access and re-use of data, of the study "Impact Assessment support study on emerging issues of data ownership, interoperability, (re)usability and access to data, and liability";
- Examples of data use in different sectors;
- Access to data in the business to business context ;
- If and how data is shared within the same value chain;
- Obstacles to data access and re-use, including legal and contractual barriers
- Are data access issues sector-specific or are there commonalities across different sectors.