Thursday, May 14 2020
3-5 November 2020
European Big Data Value Forum (EBDVF) is the flagship event of the European Big Data and Data-Driven AI Research and Innovation community organized by the Big Data Value Association (BDVA) and the European Commission (DG CNECT) in close collaboration with local organizations. EBDVF2020 will take place in November in Berlin, Germany.
Further information available here.
11th June 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CESTThe main goal of webinar is to showcase approaches that greatly simplify the work of a data analyst when performing data analytics, or when employing machine learning algorithms, over Big Data.Registration and more information here.
BDVA organises, with the support of GO FAiR, CODATA and the Philips Foundation, a webinar on April 29th at 14h CEST to raise more awareness about this initiative. The VODAN Implementation Network is one of the joint activities carried out by CODATA, RDA, WDS, and GO FAIR. The purpose of the Implementation Network is to make the SARS CoV-2 virus data FAIR, meaning that they are Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and thus Reusable by both humans and machines, during this epidemic of COVID-19.
We are living in the largest, most dramatic and unexpected social experiment ever, as governments launch a variety of “social distancing” measures to slow down the coronavirus contagion. Also the use of AI and Big Data is being tested as never before: China, Taiwan, South Korea are using massive data collection and smartphones for “track and tracing systems”. In Europe nothing similar has been launched yet, while quantitative models to forecast the spread of the virus are multiplying.
The EU Big Data Value Association and the Midwest Big Data Hub, in collaboration with Iowa State University, University of Wisconsin-Madison, SINTEF, and Intrasoft Intl., proudly present the first in an EU and US Big Data Research Collaboration Webinar Series:WEBINAR #1: UAVs AND SATELLITES FOR AGRICULTUREThursday, 21 November 2019. 15:00-16:30 PM CETAccess link here: https://zoom.us/j/101827635 AGENDA
- Welcome: Dr. Lea SHANLEY Senior Fellow, Nelson Institute, University of Wisconsin-Madison @Lea_Shanley
- Introduction:Dr. Arne BERRE, Chief Scientist, SINTEF (Moderator) @SINTEF
- Introduction to Crop Phenomics:Dr. Carolyn LAWRENCE-DILL, Professor, Iowa State University @IAcornflake
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Crop Level Phenomics:Dr. Jesse POLAND, Associate Professor, Kansas State University @WheatLab
- The Aggregate Farming in the CloudProject Approach: Dr. José-Fernán MARTÍNEZ-ORTEGA, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid @La_UPM
- Crop Monitoring and Satellite Data:Mrs. Isabelle PICCARD, Senior Researcher, VITO Remote Sensing @VITO_RS_
The next BDVA Activity Group AG34 meeting is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, 2nd October 2019 in Brussels. All BDVA members are invited to join us and take part in our discussions.
Registration is mandatory. You can register here.