Task Force 7: Applications
The main objective of this Task Force is to identify applications in which big data and AI technologies can create the biggest impact in Europe. This TF will facilitate value creation, like economic and societal benefits, in Europe by supporting selected industrial sectors and other areas of interest with big data technologies. The key focus of this group should be to identify and act on the needs (technology, skills, etc.) of different industrial sectors as well as the areas of interest applicable to different industrial sectors such as language technologies, HPC, etc. The industrial sectors will include healthcare, telecom, content/media, energy, manufacturing, finance, supply chain, etc. Several sub-tgroups of this Task Force have been already created to address sectors in which BDVA has a critical mass of members and in which big data applications will create the biggest impact. An additional goal of this TF is to identify and address synergies across application areas.
The key focus of this group is to identify and act on the needs of different industrial sectors (vertical application areas) as well as the areas of interest (horizontal needs) which are applicable to different vertical application areas or industrial sectors, such as language technologies, HPC, etc.
- Whitepaper Big Data technologies in Healthcare (January 2017, TF7.SG3)
- BDVA’s response to the EC’s public consultation on Health and Care in the Digital Single Market (October 2017, TF7.SG3)
- Whitepaper Big Data in Earth Observation (November 2017)
- Whitepaper Big Data Challenges in Smart Manufacturing (March 2018, TF7.SG6)
- Whitepaper Big Data Challenges in Manufacturing Industry (June 2020, TF7.SG6)
- Whitepaper on AI for Healthcare (November 2020, TF7.SG3)