BDVA welcomes the coordinated action plan on AI
On December 7th 2018, the European Commision presented a coordinated plan prepared with Members States to foster the development and use of AI in Europe. This plan, that delivers on the European AI Strategy adopted last April 2018, proposes joint actions in four areas: increasing investment, making more data available, fostering talent and ensuring trust. The coordinated plan provides a strategic framework for national AI strategies. In particular the plan proposes:
- Towards a European AI public-private partnership and more financing for start-ups and innovative SMEs
- Strengthening excellence in trustworthy AI technologies and broad diffusion
- Adapting our learning and training programmes and systems to better prepare our society for AI (Skills)
- Building up the European data space
- Develop ethical and trustworthy AI
- Security-related aspects of AI applications and infrastructure, and international security agenda
Read the press release from the Europea Commission here: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-6689_en.htm
Find the documents for the Coordinated Plan on AI here: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/coordinated-plan-arti...
BDVA welcomes this coordinated action plan that is aligned with the BDVA's AI Position Paper released and adopted last November 12th 2018 in the context of the European Big Data Value Forum 2018 and in line with the ambitions that both BDVA and the euRobotics association outlined in their recently signed Memorandum of Understanding.