You are here
- Event date:Thursday, 17 January, 2019Place:Brussels
- Event date:Tuesday, 15 January, 2019 to Wednesday, 16 January, 2019Place:Brussels
- Event date:Tuesday, 4 December, 2018 to Thursday, 6 December, 2018Place:Vienna
The 2018 Austrian Presidency will host the next ICT event at the Austria Centre Vienna in December 2018. The ICT events organised since 1998 by the European Commission have become Europe's most visible international forums for ICT innovation and a unique gathering of the entire ICT research and innovation community.
- Event date:Thursday, 15 November, 2018 to Friday, 16 November, 2018Place:París
On 15 and 16 November 2018, the Embassy of Netherlands will organize in Paris the Erasme-Descartes conference, in collaboration with the French Embassy in Netherlands and under the auspices of the Franco-Dutch Initiative (IFN).Held alternately in Paris and Amsterdam since 2002, this conference aims to stimulate dialogue between France and the Netherlands and is a flagship event in bilateral Franco-Dutch cooperation.This year, 150 experts from the world of business, civil society and the public sector are invited to participate in the conference. Following the big data theme in 2017, this year's theme is artificial intelligence. More info at: https://www.paysbasetvous.nl/votre-pays-et-les-pays-bas/france/erasmus-d...
- Event date:Monday, 12 November, 2018 to Wednesday, 14 November, 2018Place:Vienna
After the great success of last edition, the European Big Data Value Forum 2018 will be held in Vienna from the 12th to the 14th of November 2018. Save the date, stayed tuned, and contribute to shape the European Data and AI ecosystem!!! Further information will be shared soon on the EBDVF website. And follow us @BDVA_PPP and #ebdvf18.
- Event date:Wednesday, 7 November, 2018Place:Brussels
The European Commission in collaboration with BDVA (and in particular with TF1.SG4, I-Spaces subgroup), organises a meeting on Digital Innovation Hubs on Big Data next November 7th in Brussels.
This meeting of the DIH Working Group will focus in particular on the Big Data sector, exploring how Digital Innovation Hubs can help boost the uptake of this technology by SMEs and contribute to the European data economy.
The meeting aims in particular to:
- Collect input for the definition of the Big Data Innovation Hubs in the upcoming open call DT-ICT-05 of Horizon 2020 (work programme for the year 2020).
- Contribute to the definition, role and implementation of the DIH concept in the upcoming EU programmes Digital Europe and Horizon Europe proposed from 2021.
- Collect input and contributions for the DIHs on AI.
Find further information and link to registration here
- Event date:Tuesday, 6 November, 2018Place:Webinar
The new webinar of BDVe series (http://www.big-data-value.eu/resources/webinar/) has been scheduled for November 6th. The QROWD project (http://qrowd-project.eu/) will provide examples on how to add human in the loop in the domains of Smart Cities and Smart Transportation. Elena Simperl (University of Southampton) will present overview and technical details on how human interaction and crowdsourcing could help in different steps of the data value chain, from data acquisition to data curation and completion.Registration free: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3850435138871202573
- Event date:Tuesday, 30 October, 2018Place:Webinar
How to Value Your Data: Exploring Data Monetisation Practices in EuropeWebinar - 30 October 2018 - 14h00:15h00 CETLeveraging the results of two recent studies: European Data Market Study on the Data Economy and the study on B2B Data Sharing in Europe, this webinar will explore how data monetisation unfolds in practice and how the reality is shaping behind the hype. Register here.Key Speakers:
- Catarina Arnaut, business leader, Everis
- Katarzyna Jakimowicz, associate director, the Lisbon Council
- Giorgio Michelleti, consulting director, International Data Corporation (IDC)
For more information, visit www.datalandscape.eu
- Event date:Thursday, 25 October, 2018 to Saturday, 27 October, 2018Place:Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology (RECSM) at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
BigSurv18 will be held October 25–27, 2018, at the Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, Spain.The conference offers an opportunity to address the ongoing paradigm shift in how researchers produce, analyze, and use statistics. The event, hosted by the European Survey Research Association (ESRA), is intended to foster communication, collaboration, and understanding between two groups: (1) computer and data scientists focusing on emerging Big Data sources and analysis techniques, and (2) methodologists and researchers working on traditional sources of data collection and statistical analyses.Presenters from the various disciplines and around the world are invited to submit an abstract for presentation at the conference.
Abstracts for presentation at the conference on the theme “Exploring New Statistical Frontiers at the Intersection of Survey Science and Big Data" are currently accepted. More information is available here.Find more information about the conference here.
- Event date:Tuesday, 23 October, 2018 to Wednesday, 24 October, 2018Place:La Valleta (Malta)
The conference on Ontologies, DataBases, and Applications of Semantics for Large Scale Information Systems (ODBASE’18) provides a forum on the use of ontologies, rules and data semantics in novel applications. Of particular relevance to ODBASE are papers that bridge traditional boundaries between disciplines such as artificial intelligence and Semantic Web, databases, data science, data analytics and machine learning, human-computer interaction, social networks, distributed and mobile systems, data and information retrieval, knowledge discovery, and computational linguistics. More information at: http://www.otmconferences.org/index.php/conferences/odbase-2018
- Event date:Wednesday, 17 October, 2018Place:Brussels
EFFRA, ECSO and the European Commission's DG Connect will co-host a workshop centred on cybersecurity for manufacturing environments. The workshop will draw attention to the fundamental importance of cybersecurity challenges in manufacturing environments and where they are not yet fully recognised and addressed.
- Event date:Tuesday, 16 October, 2018 to Thursday, 18 October, 2018Place:Barcelona
The IoT Solutions World Congress is where real digital transformation happens. A unique event dedicated exclusively to joining IoT providers with industry in order to help the latter increase productivity via this disruptive technology.After three editions, the event has grown to become the global reference for industrial IoT, and the annual meeting for industry stakeholders to establish new partnerships.More information at https://www.iotsworldcongress.com/
- Event date:Monday, 15 October, 2018 to Tuesday, 16 October, 2018Place:Helsinki
Neural Networks 2018 aims in proclaim knowledge and share new ideas amongst the professionals, industrialists, researchers, and students from research area of Artificial Intelligence. This scientific gathering guarantees that offering the thoughts and ideas will enable and secure you the theme “Harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence”. More information at: https://neuralnetworks.conferenceseries.com/
- Event date:Monday, 15 October, 2018 to Wednesday, 17 October, 2018Place:Bilbao
The 12th International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing will take place in Bilbao from the 15th to the 17th October 2018.Organised by Joint Research Lab and the Department of Communications Engineering
of University of the Basque Country (UPV-EHU), IDC aims to gather researchers and practitioners to foster and ease rich discussions around the latest findings, research achievements and ideas in the area of Intelligent Distributed Computing. It provides an open forum for enhancing the collaboration between researchers, lecturers, and students from Intelligent Computing and Distributing Computing communities.IDC 2018 welcomes research works centred on all above aspects of intelligent distributed computing, with an intention to balance between theoretical research ideas and their practicability as well as industrial applicability. To this end, scholars and practitioners from academia and industrial fields are invited to submit high- quality original contributions to IDC 2018.
The deadline for submitting papers is the 9th of April.
All accepted papers will be included in the Symposium Proceedings, which will be published by Springer as part of their series Studies in Computational Intelligence.Additional information about the event and the call for papers are available here.
- Event date:Wednesday, 10 October, 2018 to Thursday, 11 October, 2018Place:Copenhagen
High Tech Summit is part conference and part exhibition powered by DTU (Technical University of Denmark). Their vision is to create the largest research-based meeting place in Denmark within the fields of digitalization, robotics and artificial intelligence.The event aims to create the perfect environment for companies, start-ups, organisations and universities to meet and present their latest technological developments, debate the most recent discoveries, participate in matchmaking events, and generate ideas.More information at https://www.hightechsummit.dk/
- Event date:Tuesday, 25 September, 2018Place:Madrid (Spain)
Software architecture is a critical cornerstone of the current complex software systems. This workshop aims at discuss on advanced solutions for systems involving one or several of the following technological paradigms: big data, or big data integration with cloud computing / IOT / HPC / artificial intelligence. Industrial case studies including demonstrations and applied research experiences reports for novel contributions as well as visionary papers are welcome. Overall design and performance issues and challenges are expected to be addressed. Moreover, solutions to enforce both security, transparency and ethics by design are also expected.
13:30-14:00 Registration at main conference desk and Welcome Coffee at workshop room 14:00-14:10 Opening: Ana García Robles, BDVA Secretary General Session 1: Software architectures in genuine big data scenarios 14:10-14:30 Nikolay Nikolov, Michele Ciavotta and Flavio De Paoli. "Data Wrangling at Scale" 14:30-14:50 Javier Jerónimo, Angélica de Antonio and Cristian Moral. "Architectural challenges on the analysis of human behaviour in synthetic environments" 14:50-15:10 Ingo Simonis. "Container-based Architecture to Optimize the Integration of Microservices into Cloud-Based Data-Intensive Application Scenarios" Session 2: Applying machine learning to big data scenarios 15:10-15:30 Andrés Munoz Hernandez, David Scarlatti and Pablo Costas. "Real-time prediction of flight arrival times using surveillance information" 15:30-16:00 Coffee Break - ECSA 2018 Posters and Tools 16:00-16:20 Rafael P. Martínez Álvarez and Carlos Giraldo Rodríguez. "Large Scale Anomaly Detection in Data Center Logs and Metrics" 16:20-16:40 Waqas Jamil, Ngoc Canh Duong, Wenjuan Wang, Chemseddine Mansouri, Saad Mohamad and Abdelhamid Bouchachia. "Scalable Online Learning for Flink" Session 3: Fostering business with big data through cloud and analytics 16:40-17:00 Ståle Walderhaug, Per Gunnar Auran and Arne Jørgen Berre. "Towards precision fishery: standardized modelling of smart services in the fishery domain" 17:00-17:20 David Čreslovnik, Aljaž Košmerlj and Michele Ciavotta. "Using historical and weather data for marketing and category management in eCommerce" 17:20-17:40 Mayank Mishra, Shruti Kunde and Manoj Nambiar. "Cracking the Monolith: Challenges in Data Transitioning to Cloud Native Architectures" 17:40-18:00 Round Table and Closure
Call for papers (closed)
Short papers (2-3 pages average length. 4 pages max. length) are requested. It is estimated to accept 3 papers per thematic slot, which means a maximum of 12 papers. This is a forum for discussing the different architectural challenges related to big data. Envisaged thematic slots are the following:
- software architectures in genuine big data scenarios (big data)
- combining big data and IoT and/or exploiting big data with HPC (big data integration with cloud computing / IOT / HPC)
- applying machine learning to big data scenarios (big data integration with artificial intelligence)
- fostering businesses with big data through cloud and analytics (industrial case studies, demonstrations and applied research experiences reports, visionary papers)
Submitted papers will be ranked according to the established selection criteria by the Workshop Committee. At least one author of each accepted paper must register at ECSA2018.
- Papers submission: June 21 (Extension of deadline!)
- Acceptance notification: July 3
- Camera ready: July 12
Papers must follow the ACM formatting instructions:http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sacbdecsa2018.
- Daniel Alonso, ITI, Spain
- Zoltan Mann, Paluno (Uni. Duisburg-Essen), Germany
- Almudena Sánchez, GMV, Spain
- César Alfaro, URJC, Spain
- Ali Serdar Atalay, Bitnet, Turkey
- Peter Baumann, rasdaman, Germany
- Arne Berre, SINTEF, Norway
- David Bowden, DELL, Ireland
- Sergio Campos, TECNALIA, Spain
- Carlos Cuesta, URJC, Spain
- Javier Del Ser, TECNALIA, Spain
- Omar Elloumi, NOKIA, Ireland
- Alberto Fernández, URJC, Spain
- Javier Gómez, URJC, Spain
- Ibai Laña, TECNALIA, Spain
- Andreas Metzger, Paluno (Uni. Duisburg-Essen), Germany
- Ignacio Olabarrieta, TECNALIA, Spain
- Angel Serrano Sánchez de León, URJC, Spain
- Ana Isabel Torre, TECNALIA, Spain
- Anwar Vahed, DIRISA, South Africa
- Juan Manuel Vara, URJC, Spain
- Event date:Monday, 24 September, 2018 to Friday, 28 September, 2018Place:Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Madrid - Spain
The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) is the premier European software architecture conference, providing researchers, practitioners and educators with a platform to present and discuss the most recent, innovative and significant findings and experiences in the field of software architecture research and practice.The 12th Edition (ECSA 2018) will be held on 24 – 28 September 2018 at Madrid, Spain, and is hosted by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM).The program committee seeks submissions of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications & experience reports on all topics related to software architectures and workshop proposals as well.The program committee seeks submissions of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications & experience reports on all topics related to software architectures and workshop proposals as well.The papers and proposals need to be submitted by the following deadlines:
Selected papers from the conference will be considered for a special Journal on Software Architecture.Find more information here.
- Research/Industrial and Education abstracts (March 12th, 2018)
- Research/Industrial and Education papers (March 23rd, 2018)
- Workshop proposals (March 1st, 2018).
- Event date:Wednesday, 19 September, 2018Place:Brussels
Building on current European, cross-border, national and private initiatives, this joint workshop focuses on identifying the main challenges ahead to develop the so-called European Data Space, essential for the development of AI, and to identify potential paths for the future.
The workshop is organised jointly by the European Commission (DG CNECT), the Big Data Value Association, and the euRobotics Association.
By invitation only. If you are interested in contributing to this workshop please contact Data4AI@core.bdav.eu
- Event date:Tuesday, 18 September, 2018Place:Brussels
CEN-CENELEC organises a 1 day workshop to pinpoint how standardization will support the take-up of AI technologies.During the workshop participants will discuss the importance of Artificial Intelligence for Consumers and Industry and how trustworthiness in AI can be built. The focus will be on the impact of AI on Consumer Smart Environment and Industrial Manufacturing. The workshop will identify areas and ways in which standards can help implement trustworthiness in AI systems through requirement frameworks, qualification criteria, benchmarks and baselines. The different parameters to make an AI system trustworthy will be defined and participants will set the base for a roadmap on standardization for AI.Further details and registration: https://www.cencenelec.eu/News/Events/Pages/EV-2018-016.aspx