The European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases will take place in the Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin, Ireland during the 10 – 14 September 2018.
You are here
- Event date:Monday, 10 September, 2018 to Friday, 14 September, 2018Place:Dublin, IrelandThis event is the premier European machine learning and data mining conference and builds upon over 16 years of successful events and conferences held across Europe.The 4-day conference will provide an international forum for the discussion of the latest high-quality research results in all areas related to machine learning for practical contexts and real world applications, knowledge discovery in databases and related application domains, data mining, data analytics, big data and data science.Submissions are invited for research papers and innovative real-world data systems and applications. Check all the call for of submissions here.For registering to the event use this web-page.More detailed information about the event is available here.Event type:
- Event date:Tuesday, 4 September, 2018Place:Krems, Austria
Take the opportunity to attend the workshop “Transforming Decision and Policy Making through Big Data” and share your perspective on how big data driven modernisation in decision and policy making will come into effect. Four EU funded projects (Big Policy Canvas, PoliVisu, BigDataOcean, Aegis) that target big data exploitation in different domains of policy, join forces to organise a worskhop This workshop will be active, fast-paced, structured and fun and will provide a forum to exchange experiences, best practices and ideas among all the participants.The workshop takes place on September 4th in Krems, Austria.For more information, please contact: email@example.com Find the full invitation here.
- Event date:Tuesday, 4 September, 2018Place:Brussels
Co-organised by European Commission, AIOTI, OASC and BDVA on September 4th in Brussels, this joint workshop focuses on the IoT benefits for smart mobility. It emphasises the huge potential IoT has for developing new connected automated mobility (CAM) by focusing on a long-term target outcome and working towards immediate actions needed.The workshop underlines also the importance of access to data in value creation. Existing and upcoming EU data policy and legislation will be explored to define the role of regulation and its impact on access to data. The requirements for harmonious integration of the mobility solutions in the interoperable ecosystem for cities will also be discussed.Finally, the feasibility of an EU platform initiative for Open Data Access will be explored.More information, agenda and registration link are available at: http://erticonetwork.com/event/focus-on-workshop-iot-open-data-access/
- Event date:Wednesday, 29 August, 2018 to Friday, 31 August, 2018Place:Prague - Czech Republic
The 44th Euromicro Conference on SEAA will take place in Prague, Czech Republic, from August 29 to August 31, 2018.The Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA) is a long-standing international forum for researchers, practitioners from business and industry, and students to present and discuss the latest innovations, trends, experiences, and concerns in the field of Software Engineering and Advanced Applications in information technology for software-intensive systems.A special session on Big Data Analytics (BDA) is foreseen. It looks at two main aspects:
SEAA 2018 encourages the submission of full research papers (maximum 8 pages) and short papers (maximum 4 pages).Paper Submission Deadline: 1st March 2018More information about the BDA special session and the SEAA conference can be found here.
- The impact of big data analytics on software engineering;
- Advanced applications enabled by big data analytics.
- The impact of big data analytics on software engineering;
- Event date:Sunday, 19 August, 2018 to Thursday, 23 August, 2018Place:London
KDD is the flagship research conference on Big Data, Data Mining, and Machine Learning, with over 5,000 attendees from leading academia and industry globally. At the conference you will have the opportunity to listen to top data scientists share their knowledge to advance the application of data science, benefiting all aspects of society, learn from leading experts in the world of applied data mining and knowledge discovery, and discuss novel ideas with your peers from industry, academia, and government in full and half day workshops. Further information about the event can be found at http://www.kdd.org/kdd2018/.
- Event date:Friday, 13 July, 2018 to Thursday, 19 July, 2018Place:Stockholm, Sweden
IJCAI-ECAI 2018, the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence is the premier international gathering of researchers in AI.IJCAI-ECAI-18 is part of the Federated AI Meeting (FAIM) that takes place at Stockholmsmässan in Stockholm July 9-19. The other conferences include AAMAS, ICML, ICCBR and SoCS. The World Computer Chess Championships will also take place in parallel. Futher information: https://www.ijcai-18.org/The full program schedule is now available. There is also an program overview.
- Event date:Monday, 25 June, 2018 to Wednesday, 27 June, 2018Place:Sofia, Bulgaria
Webit.Festival Europe 2018, as part of the EU Digital & Innovation Week, will take place in Sofia (Bulagaria) from the 25th to the 27th of June 2018.The “EU Digital and Innovations Week”, organised by the Government of Bulgaria, the European Commissioner Digital Agenda & Society, Sofia Municipality and Webit.Foundation, shall welcome over 7000 attendees from 100+ countries including 1500 top policy makers from all around Europe and beyond, 6000 of world's enterprise leaders, global and European founders, entrepreneurs, investors, innovators, scientists and digital economy shapers and a top selection of Europe's 200 most promising startups.Webit.Festival Europe 2018 is gathering EU policy makers, global business leaders ranging from Fortune 500 top executives to the world's most impactful and promising founders and entrepreneurs and academia to re:Invent Europe’s Future.Detailed information about the event is available here.
- Event date:Friday, 22 June, 2018 to Saturday, 23 June, 2018Place:Varna (Bulgaria)
The International Business Conference "Science and Business for Smart Future" will present trends, best practices and collaborative researches between science and business to promote and enhance business confidence in the capabilities of scientific organizations, as well as stimulating partnership. The work of the conference will be organized in discussion panels with accompanying poster session, networking and master classes. Check the program at http://events.vfu.bg/smartconf_2018/index.html#program
More information at the web page of the conference: http://events.vfu.bg/smartconf_2018/index.html
- Event date:Wednesday, 20 June, 2018 to Thursday, 21 June, 2018Place:Rome (Italy)
Conference series LLC cordially invites all participants across the globe to attend the 5th International Conference on Big Data Analysis and Data Mining (Data Mining 2018), to share the Future Technologies for Knowledge Discoveries in Data and technology. The main theme of the conference is “Future Technologies for Knowledge Discoveries in Data". This conference aimed to expand its coverage in the areas of Big Data and Data Mining where expert talks, young researcher’s presentations will be placed in every session of the meeting will be inspired and keep up your enthusiasm.
For further information, please check https://datamining.conferenceseries.com/
- Event date:Tuesday, 19 June, 2018 to Wednesday, 20 June, 2018Place:ECOLE POLYTECHNIQUE, Route de saclay 91128- Palaiseau cedex
TERATEC Forum will be held in France on the 19th and 20th June 2018.The event will
welcomes more than 1.300 attendees, highlighting the technological and industrial dynamism of HPC and the essential role that France plays in this field. The participation and the testimony of senior industrial and ICT leaders, the diversity and the high level of the technical workshops, the representativeness of exhibitors and innovation offers displayed, are assets for all responsible concerned by simulation and high-performance computing.The aim of the Forum is to bring together decision makers and scientific experts in simulation, HPC, Big Data and AI, from industrial and academic worlds, public organisations and research centers.Find further information about the programme and registration here.
- Event date:Thursday, 14 June, 2018Place:Sofia (Bulgaria)
Linked Digital Public Administrations
The 8th edition of SEMIC, the annual semantic interoperability conference, will be held in Sofia, Bulgaria on 14 June 2018. The event, organised by the ISA2 Programme of the European Commission in collaboration with the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU, will bring together policy makers, IT practitioners and researchers interested in topics related to semantic interoperability for public administration.
The programme of the conference and the registration page will be available soon.
- Event date:Monday, 11 June, 2018 to Friday, 15 June, 2018Place:Hannover
The Europe’s Business Festival for Innovation and Digitization (CEBIT 2018) will take place from the 11th to the 15th of June in Hannover.As a triple-punch event featuring exhibits, conferences and networking, CEBIT covers the digitization of business, government and society from every angle.More information about the programme is available here.
- Event date:Thursday, 7 June, 2018 to Friday, 8 June, 2018Place:Frankfurt
Big Data Innovation Conference (BDIC) 2018 will help business to understand and utilize data-driven strategies and discover what disciplines will change because of the advent of data. With a vast amount of data now available, modern businesses are faced with many challenges. But with the challenges comes opportunity. At this conference, keynote speakers will provide valuable insights, providing the attendees a learning opportunity to help to create new insight, help in how to use enormous data collected from different business channels and use this valuable information to develop business and drive growth.
- Event date:Thursday, 7 June, 2018 to Friday, 8 June, 2018Place:Frankfurt
Big Data Innovation Conference (BDIC) 2018 will take place in Frankfurt on the 7th and 8th June. It aims to help companies to understand & utilize data-driven strategies and discover what disciplines will change because of the advent of data.Keynote speakers will provide valuable insights, providing the attendees a learning opportunity to help to create new insight, help in how to use enormous data collected from different business channels and use this valuable information to develop business & drive growth.
Information about the programme and registration is available here.
- Event date:Thursday, 7 June, 2018Place:Brussels
Digitalisation and data are becoming ever more important in the energy system, and in society as a whole. This session on Big Data for Smart Energy Services of the Future, part of the EU Sustainable Energy Week, is aimed at bringing together renowned experts from the energy and IT sectors that will debate how they can learn from each other. In particular, the objective is to discuss what reference architecture is already available, how to apply it in the energy sector, and how to promote its use throughout the EU.
The high point of EU Sustainable Energy Week is the annual Policy Conference featuring leading figures and a diverse programme of sessions and side-events aimed at discussing and shaping Europe's energy future.
- Event date:Monday, 4 June, 2018 to Thursday, 7 June, 2018Place:Bilbao
Organised by Mandat International, IEEE IoT TsC, the IoT Forum and IPv6 Forum (collocated with the IoT Week), The Global IT Summit’18 will take place from the 4th to 7th June 2018 in Bilbao, Spain.More detailed information about the event and registration is available here.The 2018 Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) seeks contributions on how to nurture and cultivate IoT technologies and applications for the benefit of society.The Organising Committee launched a call for papers concerning paper submissions and publications, special session and workshop proposal submissions and industry forum panel session submissions.All the information about the call for papers is available here.
- Event date:Monday, 4 June, 2018 to Friday, 8 June, 2018Place:Bilbao
The IoT Week 2018 will be organised for 4 days, from 4th to 7th of June, with an extra day, June 8th in Bilbao.The event will gather top experts, innovators and stakeholders in the Internet of Things and will explore new territories of the such domain, including:
- Emerging IoT and development;
- IoT and Big Data;
- 5G convergence;
- IoT and Smart Cities;
- Artificial Intelligence and IoT;
- IoT Security and Data Protection;
- IoT Market and Business Model;
- Smart Farming and Food Security;
- IoT and advanced Manufacturing.
The IoT Week will also host and collocate the second Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) endorsed by IEEE and driven by the IEEE Subcommittee on IoT and the IoT Forum, to select and present cutting edge scientific articles on IoT innovations and latest research results.All the information regarding the programme, speakers and registrations is available here.
- Event date:Wednesday, 23 May, 2018 to Thursday, 24 May, 2018Place:Antwerp
The Global Industry conference on nano & digital tech will by take place during the ITFBELGIUM, 23rd-24th May 2018 and will be powered by imec.60 talks by top representatives from industry and imec and 55 live demos of ground-breaking technologies & applications are currently foreseen.Program and Speakers updates will be available in the upcoming weeks here.
- Event date:Wednesday, 23 May, 2018 to Friday, 25 May, 2018Place:Málaga
JOTB is an international rendezvous for developers and DevOps around Big Data technologies. This is a fun conference to learn and share the latest experiences, tips and tricks related to Big Data technologies and, the most important part, it’s On The Beach!The discussion will be focused on several topics such as: Distributed Systems, DevOps & Architectures, Functional Programming, Big Data in the Business, Data Visualisation and IoT & Embedded.Find more information about the event and register here.
- Event date:Tuesday, 22 May, 2018 to Wednesday, 23 May, 2018Place:Edinburg
The Joint Conference on Data Science 2018 (JCDS18) is organised on the 22nd -23rd May 2018 in Edinburgh.
The aim of the event is to bring together academics, policy-makers, and business people passionate about the emergent field of data science as a force for strategic transformation in an academic and professional context.Essentially, the conference will focus on two tightly connected but distinct subject areas:
- Establishing the profession of a Data Scientist is the consequent conclusion from the present situation and JCDS18 will have a focus on the acquisition of skills and competences that individuals need in the new data science era, and how best to address the growing demand from organisations for individuals at all levels to be suitably equipped to thrive in the digitised economy. The challenge is that both work and the research environment are transforming into interdisciplinary environments, so data-related skillsets have to be harmonised in order to foster collaboration.
- Data Science is an interdisciplinary scientific and technical research and development field that amalgamates techniques and approaches for efficient and effective data management, integration, analysis, visualisation, and interaction with vast amounts of data, all as a critical prerequisite for a successful digitised economy. JCDS18 will therefore have a focus on the demonstration, presentation and discussion of innovative research and development results from related topics around machine learning, information visualisation, big data management, analysis, reproducibility, and ethics.
The Event Committee invites professionals in submitting workshop, tutorial and demo proposals and scientific papers. Find further information here.
More detailed information about the conference is available here.