Task Force 6 - Subgroup 1: Data Technology Architectures
This Task Force Subgroup is devoted to work on topics related to data management, data processing architectures, semantic interoperability, data lifecycle management, data lineage, Data-as-a-Service and Big Data Platforms technologies, all seen from an EU level perspective. This Task Force general objectives are the following:
- Gather the state of the art on Big Data Technology Architectures and list current relevant solutions to create a knowledgebase in relation to what can be done with each of the solution
- Promote the outcomes of the sub-group amongst EU stakeholders who are involved in putting in place measures and investments to enable the data economy
- Contribute to the development of BDVA / DAIRO’s input for European policies, regulations, work of experts and senior researchers by using the insights gained in the Task Force
- Identify opportunities in the Horizon Europe Programme related to Data technology Architectures and promote participation of BDVA members
- Provide BDVA members access to information about Data technology Architectures within the European scope
- Promote collaboration with other BDVA / DAIRO Task Forces. For example: TF6-SG4 - Data Protection and Pseudonymisation Mechanisms, TF6- HPC Big Data Subgroup and TF1.SG7 - Data Sharing Spaces.
- Promote collaboration of the TF with ETP4HPC in relation to the “Transcontinuum” concept
- Bring new actors to the BDVA / DAIRO involved in European projects that can provide expertise and, at the same time, benefit from being members of the association
The Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) developed by the BDVA / DAIRO, together with the White Paper in AI and the EU strategy for data, will fuel the discussions and serve as the reference documents in regards of the European data ecosystem. The ETP4HPC Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) will be a reference as well.