The Task Force Data Spaces concentrates on securing data sharing in order to realise the practical potential of sectorial European data spaces, which are a pillar of the Digital Europe Strategy.This Task Force further focuses on:
- Engaging with all other relevant Task Forces and working groups;
- Engaging the broad BDVA data sharing stakeholder community (producers, intermediaries and consumers along data value chains) to identify opportunities, challenges, and possible solutions for facilitating cross-sectoral data sharing and exchange practices;
- Supporting the EC with mobilising initiatives seeking to realise an adequate European data sharing space for all kinds of stakeholders;
- Liasing with key initiatives such as Gaia-X, IDSA, InnoPay, MyData, Datapace.io and other success stories in data sharing spaces or marketplaces;
- Engagin this broader community by producing white papers with an overview of the state-of-the-art (initiatives, projects and solutions), and a vision for how a safe, fair and ethical data sharing space can be achieved at EU-level.
- Towards a European Data Sharing Space - Position Paper (2019, Lopez de Vallejo, I., Scerri, S., Tuikka, T. - eds).
- Data Sharing Practices survey results - Preliminary analysis (August 2020)
- Towards a European Governed Data Sharing Space - BDVA position paper (November 2020)
- BDVA Response to the public consultation on Data sharing in the EU – common European data spaces (November 2020)