Task Force 10: Data Sharing Spaces
Trusted data sharing is essential to realise the practical potential of sectorial European data spaces. The BDVA/DAIRO community rallies around this topic to become a source of practical R&D&I actions to guide the wider EU ecosystem and EU policy makers in its realisation. Current development of European Data Spaces is vivid and plans for Horizon Europe are emerging in areas such as European Health Data Space, Agriculture and Manufacturing. There will be many of these sectorial data spaces and not only those mentioned in the European Data Strategy, which gives an account of only a few domains. Cross-sectorial data spaces will emerge as well, mounting to new opportunities for AI, and digital services.
This Task Force focuses on:
- Further engaging the broad BDVA/DAIRO data sharing stakeholder community (producers, intermediaries and consumers along data value chains) to identify opportunities, challenges, and possible solutions for facilitating cross-sectoral data sharing and exchange practices
- As a transversal sub-group, engage with all other relevant Task Forces and working groups
- Support the EC with mobilising initatives seeking to realise an adaquate European data sharing space for all kinds of stakeholders
- Liase with key initiatives such as Gaia-X, IDSA, InnoPay, MyData, Datapace.io and other success stories in data sharing spaces or marketplaces
- Engage this broader community by producing white papers with an overview of the state-of-the-art (initiatives, projects and solutions), and a vision for how a safe, fair and ethical data sharing space can be achieved at EU-level
- Towards a European Data Sharing Space - Position Paper (2019, Lopez de Vallejo, I., Scerri, S., Tuikka, T. - eds).
- Data Sharing Practices survey results - Preliminary analysis (August 2020)
- Towards a European Governed Data Sharing Space - BDVA/DAIRO position paper (November 2020)
- BDVA/DAIRO Response to the public consultation on Data sharing in the EU – common European data spaces (November 2020)