Standards and Benchmarking
The Task Force Standards and Benchmarking focuses on the core objectives of BDVA SRIDA, as well as the key principles of the European Commission’s Digital Strategy. In practical terms, this TF focuses on the rapid evolution of international standardization activities in Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Data Governance and Robotics and on facilitating international trade, business scaleup, emerging technologies and their sustainable development.
For the use of AI solutions in industry and academia, benchmarks and key performance indicators are central as they allow the data-driven comparison of the results of corresponding algorithms. Addressing these challenges at a European scale is central for the development of competitive benchmarking solutions that can be used to advance AI in Europe and the world.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ETSI (2019)
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with CEN-CENELEC (2020)
- Official liaison with CEN-CENELEC JTC21
- Type A Liaison with ISO/IEC JTC1 SC42 (Big Data and AI)
- Webinar: Standards and Innovation: Data and AI standards generating value for SMEs (2020)
- Contributing to StandICT project
- European survey on Artificial Intelligence standardisation - collaboration with AFNOR (2021)