BDVA welcomes 16 new members
On the 14th of November 2018, the BDVA General Assembly officially welcomed 16 new members, among which there are 8 Full Members and 8 Associate Members. 5 members are Industry-SMEs. New members come from 11 different countries: Austria, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, UK.
We are happy to welcome the following FULL MEMBERS (in alphabetical order):
- Alphablock, a start-up company coming from Romania, who is building blockchain validated data assets. They focus on Data Management, Data Architecture, Data Analytics, Data Protection, Data Visualisation and Other.
- City of Espoo, the fastest growing and second biggest city in Finland with approx. 280,000 inhabitants. Espoo Innovation Garden is the largest innovation hub in the Nordic countries with over 600 high-tech companies and significant research centres such as VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland.
- DEX, a company that enables people to monetize and share data to solve problems affecting businesses, societies and the world. DEX is a founder of the Ocean Protocol Foundation and empowers the data community with open source software, tools and services.
- TU Wien, is represented in BDVA by the inter-faculty centre for Computational Complex Systems (CoCoS), which unites multiple faculties doing research in the TU Wien Research Focal Areas of Computational Science and Engineering, and Information and Communication Technology.
- University of A Coruña, a singular research centre of the University of A Coruña, the Research Centre on Information and Communication Technologies (CITIC) is composed by 13 research groups from UDC, with more than 250 researchers working in three main Technology Areas: Data and Information Science, Perception, cognition and interaction, Computer architecture, sensor and communications.
- University of St. Gallen, one of the leading business schools strengthened education in information technologies and digitalization, with new courses in new fields such as big data analytics and data science.
- University of Tartu, it has played a major role in the success story of e-Estonia, and the CITIS Centre at the Institute of Political Studies, where is developing practical applications for the use of Big Data in public sector-services based on Estonia’s experience, which presents an excellent opportunity for Europe-wide knowledge transfer and scale-up.
- Vicomtech, an applied research centre specialising in advanced interaction technologies, communication technologies, computer vision, data analytics, computer graphics and language technologies with over 115 employees (+35 PhD).
Warm welcome to the following ASSOCIATE members (in alphabetical order):
- Ancud IT-Beratung GmbH, is a SME Company specialized in Consulting and Software development, located in Nuremberg/Germany and aims for expertise in Data Science, with several projects in the area of machine learning and Big Data.
- ATB, an application oriented research institute founded jointly by the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen and several leading industrial enterprises in Bremen area in 1991.
- EASY GLOBAL MARKET, is an IoT engineering company specialized on standards-based interoperable solutions located in Sophia Antipolis, France.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschunggesellschaft GmbH, a leading innovation partner for business and public administration, offering services ranging from applied research and development for SMEs to custom-designed techno-economic consulting.
- La Salle – Ramon Llull University, hosts six research groups, which lead research lines related to data analysis at smart city projects, energy efficiency for buildings, digitisation driven innovation, the value of data and Big Data infrastructures and the Internet of Things.
- MAXFONE SRL, an innovative and dynamic SME that operates in the field of technological innovation of IoT and has patented SocialMeter Analysis, a model of BigData Analysis that combines acquisition method, monitoring solution, proprietary algorithm and transversal competences for the tangible extraction and ready to be used by a wide range of companies and businesses.
- NCSR ‘Demokritos’, National Center for Scientific Research "Demokritos" (NCSRD) is the largest Greek self-governing research organisation under the supervision of the General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT) of the Greek Government.
- Software Competence Center Hagenberg GmbH, Data Science at SCCH encompasses data-to-knowledge conversion by data-driven modelling for data-intensive applications such as fault diagnosis, quality inspection, predictive maintenance, process understanding and optimization.