I-Space labelling 2018
With a BDVA label it is assured that the i-Space meets the requirements and the definition of BDVA in technical as well as in organizational manner.
The i-Space label is well recognized as a quality label on European level. It benchmarks the different initiatives through the different categories. The label which is always granted on large European Big Data events creates visibility to the national efforts around Big Data.
The i-Space is reviewed in 5 categories with over 80 single criteria measured and evaluated. The categories are:
- Infrastructure/Technologies of i-Space containing criteria to computing power/Storage capacity, access methods as well as tools , policies, standards & certificates.
- Provided Services of i-Space like technical support, access to acceleration and incubation support skill leverage and provided trainings.
- Projects/Applications of i-Space per sector ranked by relevance.
- Impact to Eco-system of i-Space with criteria participation reach, EU-level outreach, enablement model and impact follow up.
- Business Strategy of i-Space with criteria in strategy, economic sustainability and revenue statements. All categories and criteria were evaluated within a 5 stage scale. Depending on defined thresholds an i-Space could get a gold silver and bronze label which means e.g. for a Gold label that most of the criteria and categories are ranked on stage 3 or higher.
- Apply by filing out a questionnaire providing all the relevant information.
- Assessment by the experts and professionals part of the i-Space label review committee of BDVA Task Force i-Spaces
- Online interview (only if requested by the Committee)
- Preparation of proposal of labels by the review committee
- Assessment and final decision by the BDVA Board of Directors
- Communication of results to all the candidates
- Hand-out ceremony of label at the European Big Data Value Forum or other relevant event