The Digital Assembly 2017 will take place on 15 and 16 June in Valletta, Malta. It is an event co-organised by the European Commission and the Maltese Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Further details: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/digital-assembly-2017-vall...
You are here
- Event date:Thursday, 15 June, 2017 to Friday, 16 June, 2017Place:Valleta, Malta
The Digital Assembly 2017 will take place on 15 and 16 June in Valletta, Malta. It is an event co-organised by the European Commission and the Maltese Presidency of the Council of the European Union.Event type:
- Event date:Monday, 12 June, 2017 to Friday, 16 June, 2017Place:Essen, Germany
Public and private organizations are entering into the digital world where real time data is available about their operations and operating environments, third-party services offered to increase their performance, and changes in the demands of their customers. Such abundance of data offers new opportunities but also raises new challenges for information systems. The systems have to exploit these data to help (networked-) organizations to decide and conduct appropriate business transformations that are necessary to guarantee their survival in an ever changing world.
The digitalization of the world, the availability of data in real-time and the increasing connections of things, IT-systems, and organizations have significantly increased the role of information systems in the organizations during the last decades. Historically, enabled by databases and file systems technologies supporting data storage and retrieval facilities, information systems have proven instrumental in supporting management issues associated with the optimization and partial automation of processes and document flows in more efficient organizations.
With the internet and web technologies, enhancing the quality of the information, information systems are increasingly regarded as a centre of profit rather than a centre of costs. The transformation of data into information intensive services creating new customer/client value has led organizations to reshape their business value proposition. Architecture of information systems has evolved to enable increasingly interconnected service systems.
More information here: http://caise2017.paluno.de/welcome/
- Event date:Thursday, 8 June, 2017
With this workshop, the Commission intends to discuss the current state of data-sharing in B2B contexts. Representatives of companies already engaging in data-sharing with a wider ecosystem of partners and making data available, e.g. through Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) or within Industrial Data Spaces, will share their experiences in this workshop. Specific challenges of data sharing through APIs will be deepened.
- Event date:Tuesday, 6 June, 2017 to Wednesday, 7 June, 2017Place:European Parliament, Brussels
The Next Generation Internet Summit will be held on June 6th and 7th 2017 in Brussels at the European Parliament.
The Next Generation Internet Summit intends to support the European Commission to build a strategy together with leading policy makers, renewed innovators, researchers and citizens to foster the development of the internet, as a powerful, open, data-driven, user-centric, interoperable platform ecosystem, for the benefit of citizens and companies.
Further information and registration: http://www.ngi-summit.org/
- Event date:Tuesday, 6 June, 2017 to Friday, 9 June, 2017Place:Geneva
The 7th edition of the international IoT Week will be held from June 6 to 9 2017 in Geneva. with over 200 sessions and activities to access the latest developments in the Internet of Things (IoT) domain: emerging technologies, security and privacy, sustainable development, industry and market evolution.
BDVA and BDV cPPP contributes with speakers in several sessions in particular addressing challenges of the Big Data - IoT integration
- Event date:Tuesday, 6 June, 2017Place:Bruxelles
Organised by the European Commission, this workshop represents an opportunity for data intensive industry sectors to have their say and provide their input on the challenges they face when trying to access and re-use data. This workshop is held in the framework of the structured dialogue, and aims, in particular, at discussing the following:
- Preliminary findings, including on access and re-use of data, of the study "Impact Assessment support study on emerging issues of data ownership, interoperability, (re)usability and access to data, and liability";
- Examples of data use in different sectors;
- Access to data in the business to business context ;
- If and how data is shared within the same value chain;
- Obstacles to data access and re-use, including legal and contractual barriers
- Are data access issues sector-specific or are there commonalities across different sectors.
- Event date:Friday, 2 June, 2017Place:Orlando (USA)
This full-day event will allow interested parties to learn more about the BD Hubs and Spokes, especially how to become involved in their activities. During the opening panel, the executive directors for each BD Hub will introduce the activities and opportunities for their region. The main attraction of the workshop will consist of presentations from select BD Spoke and planning grant investigators, which will highlight the current research related activities facilitated by the BD Hubs.
More info: https://www.nsf.gov/cise/bdspokes/index.jsp
- Event date:Thursday, 1 June, 2017 to Friday, 2 June, 2017Place:Maryland (USA)
NIST will host its 2nd NIST Big Data Public Working Group (NBD-PWG) workshop for NIST Big Data Interoperability Framework (NBDIF) with the theme of Towards a Standard Ecosystem for Big Data Applications and Analytics on June 1-2, 2017, Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The NBD-PWG was established together with the industry, academia and government to create a consensus-based extensible NIST Big Data Interoperability Framework (NBDIF) which is a vendor-neutral, technology- and infrastructure-independent ecosystem. It can enable Big Data stakeholders (e.g. data scientists, researchers, etc.) to utilize the best available analytics tools to process and derive knowledge through the use of standard interfaces between swappable architectural components.
More info: https://bigdatawg.nist.gov/
- Event date:Wednesday, 24 May, 2017Place:Madrid (Spain)
The Watify initiative is an awareness-raising campaign, supported by the European Commission, to boost the technological transformation and industrial modernisation of Europe’s industry. Watify is organising matchmaking activities on Big data as part of the Digital Business World Congress in Madrid.
"Generating value from Big data" is a challenge for many companies – but if accomplished the business opportunities are enormous. Bilateral meetings between different actors could help to foster the much needed cooperation to find solutions to this challenge, combined with multilateral working group meetings to take into account the unique circumstances per industry sector. The working groups are:
- Big data and healthcare
- Big data and manufacturing
- Big data and retail
- Big data and tourism
- Big data and finance
Watify is offering a free 3-day business pass to the Digital Business World Congress (www.des-madrid.com) after they register for Watify matchmaking event.
More info: https://watify-madrid.b2match.io/
- Event date:Monday, 15 May, 2017 to Tuesday, 16 May, 2017Place:Chapel Hill (USA)
The South Big Data Innovation Hub invites you to our mHealth Workshop, a chance for researchers, industry leaders, and medical professionals to discuss the challenges and opportunities to improve access to mobile healthcare to people across the South. The workshop will provide immediate value to the individual participants as well as interim benefits in shaping a comprehensive data-focused research agenda for mHealth Internet of Things (IoT).
To request to attend the invitation-only event, email: email@example.com.
- Event date:Monday, 15 May, 2017 to Friday, 19 May, 2017Place:Barcelona
This European HPC ecosystem event offers a wide variety of workshops covering a number of application areas where supercomputers are key, as well as HPC technologies and infrastructures. This second edition will include HPC workshops covering a range of application areas including renewable energies, oil & gas, biomedicine, big data, mathematics, climate modelling, computing applications, as well as HPC future technologies. It will be a great opportunity to network with all relevant European HPC stakeholders, from technology suppliers and HPC infrastructures to HPC scientific and industrial users in Europe
- Event date:Tuesday, 2 May, 2017 to Thursday, 4 May, 2017Place:Arizona (USA)
The second edition of Corinium’s Chief Analytics Officer Spring takes place from May 2-4 2017 in Scottsdale, Arizona and will explore why now is the time, more than ever, you as an analytics leader need to prove the return on investment in analytics tech for your organization.
This conference is not just for Chief Analytics Officers: it may be led by CAO’S but all top level Analytics, Data, Data Science, Business Intelligence specialists cross-industry are welcome, allowing you to meet and network with the very best of your peers from a range of organizations and backgrounds.
Explore strategies and approaches for deriving real actionable insights utilizing analytics through tangible real-world case studies and topic highlights including:
- The Chief Analytics Officer as the driver of insights within your organization: Where are you in the analytics curve – where are the opportunities to grow and how do you prove real ROI?
- Moving organizations towards analytical capability: How can you best prepare your business, departments and teams for analytical involvement and enable seamless integration and acceptance for your analytics function internally?
- Creating an architecture for analytics: Discussing what is needed in this new world of analytics, with ever growing data sets, fringe data, upgraded tools and processes and security threats. How do you build the right architecture to handle this whilst remaining agile and adaptive?
- Data philanthropy – the future of corporate social responsibility: How private sector companies can help make real progress on big world problems the refugee crisis to world hunger by donating untapped data and decision scientists. What are the business gains through bringing together new data sources?
- Liberating your data! Putting data and analytics into the hands of the internal consumer: How can we empower and educate the non-quantitatively informed, to use analytical tools and make better informed judgments so data is in the right form, in the right place at the right time.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Eric Daly, VP, Data Science and Analytics, Sony Pictures Entertainment
• Vishwa Kolla, VP, Head of Advanced Analytics, John Hancock Insurance
• John Hershberger, VP, Enterprise Analytics Office, USAA
• Harsh Tiwari, Senior Vice President, Chief Data Officer, CUNA Mutual Group
• Dany De Grave, Senior Director InnX: Innovation Programs and External Networks, Sanofi Pasteur
• Ash Dhupar, Chief Analytics Officer, Publishers Clearing House
• Melanie Shipek, Director of Decision Support, Sanford Health
• Ron Mardenly, VP of Global Insights and Strategy, Staples
• Dr. Amy Gershkoff , Chief Data Officer, Zynga
• Zachery Anderson VP, Marketing Science & Analytics, Electronic Arts
• Daniel Caraviello, Associate R&D Director – Analytics, Dow Agrosciences
View the latest agenda http://coriniumintelligence.com/chiefanalyticsofficerspring/agenda
We are delighted to offer BDVA a 10% on their ticket purchase. Please quote Promo code BDVA10
Ticket Price Options and registration - http://coriniumintelligence.com/chiefanalyticsofficerspring/register/
For more information, contact Laurence Allen, Marketing Manager
- Event date:Tuesday, 2 May, 2017 to Wednesday, 3 May, 2017Place:Seattle (USA)
- Event date:Wednesday, 26 April, 2017Place:Paris
Systematic Paris-Region and the Groupe thématique Confiance Numérique et Sécurité launches its "CyGal CyberSecurity Meetings Cycle" with a first "Safety and Resilience for the Connected Vehicle" meeting on April 26th at Square Paris, in partnership with the Transport and Mobility GTs and Information Systems for Digital Transformation.
- Event date:Monday, 24 April, 2017 to Wednesday, 26 April, 2017Place:Porto, Portugal
Internet of Things (IoT) is a platform and a phenomenon that allows everything to process information, communicate data, analyze context collaboratively and in the service or individuals, organizations and businesses. In the process of doing so, a large amount of data with different formats and content has to be processed efficiently, quickly and intelligently through advanced algorithms, techniques, models and tools. This new paradigm is enabled by the maturity of several different technologies, including the internet, wireless communication, cloud computing, sensors, big data analytics and machine learning algorithms.
More information here: http://iotbds.org/Home.aspx
- Event date:Friday, 7 April, 2017Place:Atlanta (USA)
Southern Data Science conference is a one day event where data science pioneers nationwide will come to Atlanta to share their most recent research and development in the data science field. It's an event organized by southern data scientists for the southern data science community.
More info: http://www.southerndatascience.com/
- Event date:Thursday, 30 March, 2017Place:One America Square, 17 Crosswall, London
19 cross-sector brands including; Barclays, Superdrug, Thomas Cook, Boots, BT, Travelodge, Dublin Airport, P&O Cruises, Santander and QVC reveal how they are turning analytics into usable, actionable insight, and how are they applying this to make a real difference to the business and their customers. The event is attending by senior-level analytic professionals who are are seeking to propel analytics beyond just number crunching.More information and registration HERE
- Event date:Thursday, 23 March, 2017Place:Stockholm International Fairs, Stockholm
The Data Innovation Summit is an annual one day event bringing together the most innovative minds, enterprise practitioners, technology providers, start-ups and academics, working with Data Science, Big Data and Analytics. With over 40 domestic and international speakers on three stages and plenty of learning and networking activities in the exhibition area, the 2017 summit is the place to be for all professionals and organisations working with utilisation of data for increasing profit, reinventing business models and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Event date:Thursday, 23 March, 2017Place:Palazzo Doria Pamphilj, via del Corso 305, 00186 Rome (IT)
Digital Day, the digital part of the official celebrations marking the 60th anniversary of the Treaties of Rome, will take place in Rome, on 23 March 2017. The event is organised by the European Commission and the Republic of Italy, in collaboration with the Maltese Presidency of the European Union and will look at topics that impact the near and long term future of EU citizens.
The Digital Day will explore the exponentially increasing role of what digital means for Europeans. The event will reinforce cooperation between public and private stakeholders in the field to improve the daily lives of Europeans and strengthen our economy. It will focus on how the European Union can make the most of digital innovations across society and the economy.
- Event date:Tuesday, 21 March, 2017Place:Brussels, Belgium
On March 21, 2017, EIT Digital will host its second annual Conference showcasing EIT Digital's achievements, and how we are taking a leading role in shaping digitisation in Europe. The conference will be held in the EGG in Brussels.
The 2017 conference programme gives the floor to leading government and industry experts as well as entrepreneurs, bringing their experience with disruptive digital innovation. There will be the opportunity to join seminars and discussions on challenges and solutions for the digital economy. We will also showcase disruptive digital innovations that EIT Digital is bringing to the market in an exposition.
For more information visit www.eitdigital.eu/conference