Organised by Mandat International, IEEE IoT TsC, the IoT Forum and IPv6 Forum (collocated with the IoT Week), The Global IT Summit’18 will take place from the 4th to 7th June 2018 in Bilbao, Spain.
- Event date:Monday, 4 June, 2018 to Thursday, 7 June, 2018Place:BilbaoMore detailed information about the event and registration is available here.The 2018 Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) seeks contributions on how to nurture and cultivate IoT technologies and applications for the benefit of society.The Organising Committee launched a call for papers concerning paper submissions and publications, special session and workshop proposal submissions and industry forum panel session submissions.All the information about the call for papers is available here.Event type:
- Event date:Monday, 4 June, 2018 to Friday, 8 June, 2018Place:Bilbao
The IoT Week 2018 will be organised for 4 days, from 4th to 7th of June, with an extra day, June 8th in Bilbao.The event will gather top experts, innovators and stakeholders in the Internet of Things and will explore new territories of the such domain, including:
- Emerging IoT and development;
- IoT and Big Data;
- 5G convergence;
- IoT and Smart Cities;
- Artificial Intelligence and IoT;
- IoT Security and Data Protection;
- IoT Market and Business Model;
- Smart Farming and Food Security;
- IoT and advanced Manufacturing.
The IoT Week will also host and collocate the second Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) endorsed by IEEE and driven by the IEEE Subcommittee on IoT and the IoT Forum, to select and present cutting edge scientific articles on IoT innovations and latest research results.All the information regarding the programme, speakers and registrations is available here.
- Event date:Thursday, 7 June, 2018 to Friday, 8 June, 2018Place:Frankfurt
Big Data Innovation Conference (BDIC) 2018 will take place in Frankfurt on the 7th and 8th June. It aims to help companies to understand & utilize data-driven strategies and discover what disciplines will change because of the advent of data.Keynote speakers will provide valuable insights, providing the attendees a learning opportunity to help to create new insight, help in how to use enormous data collected from different business channels and use this valuable information to develop business & drive growth.
Information about the programme and registration is available here.
- Event date:Thursday, 7 June, 2018Place:Brussels
Digitalisation and data are becoming ever more important in the energy system, and in society as a whole. This session on Big Data for Smart Energy Services of the Future, part of the EU Sustainable Energy Week, is aimed at bringing together renowned experts from the energy and IT sectors that will debate how they can learn from each other. In particular, the objective is to discuss what reference architecture is already available, how to apply it in the energy sector, and how to promote its use throughout the EU.
The high point of EU Sustainable Energy Week is the annual Policy Conference featuring leading figures and a diverse programme of sessions and side-events aimed at discussing and shaping Europe's energy future.Event type:
- Event date:Thursday, 7 June, 2018 to Friday, 8 June, 2018Place:Frankfurt
Big Data Innovation Conference (BDIC) 2018 will help business to understand and utilize data-driven strategies and discover what disciplines will change because of the advent of data. With a vast amount of data now available, modern businesses are faced with many challenges. But with the challenges comes opportunity. At this conference, keynote speakers will provide valuable insights, providing the attendees a learning opportunity to help to create new insight, help in how to use enormous data collected from different business channels and use this valuable information to develop business and drive growth.
- Event date:Monday, 11 June, 2018 to Friday, 15 June, 2018Place:Hannover
The Europe’s Business Festival for Innovation and Digitization (CEBIT 2018) will take place from the 11th to the 15th of June in Hannover.As a triple-punch event featuring exhibits, conferences and networking, CEBIT covers the digitization of business, government and society from every angle.More information about the programme is available here.
- Event date:Thursday, 14 June, 2018Place:Sofia (Bulgaria)
Linked Digital Public Administrations
The 8th edition of SEMIC, the annual semantic interoperability conference, will be held in Sofia, Bulgaria on 14 June 2018. The event, organised by the ISA2 Programme of the European Commission in collaboration with the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU, will bring together policy makers, IT practitioners and researchers interested in topics related to semantic interoperability for public administration.
The programme of the conference and the registration page will be available soon.
- Event date:Tuesday, 19 June, 2018 to Wednesday, 20 June, 2018Place:ECOLE POLYTECHNIQUE, Route de saclay 91128- Palaiseau cedex
TERATEC Forum will be held in France on the 19th and 20th June 2018.The event will
welcomes more than 1.300 attendees, highlighting the technological and industrial dynamism of HPC and the essential role that France plays in this field. The participation and the testimony of senior industrial and ICT leaders, the diversity and the high level of the technical workshops, the representativeness of exhibitors and innovation offers displayed, are assets for all responsible concerned by simulation and high-performance computing.The aim of the Forum is to bring together decision makers and scientific experts in simulation, HPC, Big Data and AI, from industrial and academic worlds, public organisations and research centers.Find further information about the programme and registration here.
- Event date:Wednesday, 20 June, 2018 to Thursday, 21 June, 2018Place:Rome (Italy)
Conference series LLC cordially invites all participants across the globe to attend the 5th International Conference on Big Data Analysis and Data Mining (Data Mining 2018), to share the Future Technologies for Knowledge Discoveries in Data and technology. The main theme of the conference is “Future Technologies for Knowledge Discoveries in Data". This conference aimed to expand its coverage in the areas of Big Data and Data Mining where expert talks, young researcher’s presentations will be placed in every session of the meeting will be inspired and keep up your enthusiasm.
For further information, please check https://datamining.conferenceseries.com/
- Event date:Friday, 22 June, 2018 to Saturday, 23 June, 2018Place:Varna (Bulgaria)
The International Business Conference "Science and Business for Smart Future" will present trends, best practices and collaborative researches between science and business to promote and enhance business confidence in the capabilities of scientific organizations, as well as stimulating partnership. The work of the conference will be organized in discussion panels with accompanying poster session, networking and master classes. Check the program at http://events.vfu.bg/smartconf_2018/index.html#program
More information at the web page of the conference: http://events.vfu.bg/smartconf_2018/index.html
- Event date:Monday, 25 June, 2018 to Wednesday, 27 June, 2018Place:Sofia, Bulgaria
Webit.Festival Europe 2018, as part of the EU Digital & Innovation Week, will take place in Sofia (Bulagaria) from the 25th to the 27th of June 2018.The “EU Digital and Innovations Week”, organised by the Government of Bulgaria, the European Commissioner Digital Agenda & Society, Sofia Municipality and Webit.Foundation, shall welcome over 7000 attendees from 100+ countries including 1500 top policy makers from all around Europe and beyond, 6000 of world's enterprise leaders, global and European founders, entrepreneurs, investors, innovators, scientists and digital economy shapers and a top selection of Europe's 200 most promising startups.Webit.Festival Europe 2018 is gathering EU policy makers, global business leaders ranging from Fortune 500 top executives to the world's most impactful and promising founders and entrepreneurs and academia to re:Invent Europe’s Future.Detailed information about the event is available here.
- Event date:Wednesday, 29 August, 2018 to Friday, 31 August, 2018Place:Prague - Czech Republic
The 44th Euromicro Conference on SEAA will take place in Prague, Czech Republic, from August 29 to August 31, 2018.The Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA) is a long-standing international forum for researchers, practitioners from business and industry, and students to present and discuss the latest innovations, trends, experiences, and concerns in the field of Software Engineering and Advanced Applications in information technology for software-intensive systems.A special session on Big Data Analytics (BDA) is foreseen. It looks at two main aspects:
SEAA 2018 encourages the submission of full research papers (maximum 8 pages) and short papers (maximum 4 pages).Paper Submission Deadline: 1st March 2018More information about the BDA special session and the SEAA conference can be found here.
- The impact of big data analytics on software engineering;
- Advanced applications enabled by big data analytics.
- The impact of big data analytics on software engineering;
- Event date:Monday, 10 September, 2018 to Friday, 14 September, 2018Place:Dublin, Ireland
The European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases will take place in the Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin, Ireland during the 10 – 14 September 2018.This event is the premier European machine learning and data mining conference and builds upon over 16 years of successful events and conferences held across Europe.The 4-day conference will provide an international forum for the discussion of the latest high-quality research results in all areas related to machine learning for practical contexts and real world applications, knowledge discovery in databases and related application domains, data mining, data analytics, big data and data science.Submissions are invited for research papers and innovative real-world data systems and applications. Check all the call for of submissions here.For registering to the event use this web-page.More detailed information about the event is available here.
- Event date:Wednesday, 12 September, 2018Place:Como (Italy)
ESOCC 2018 will include a special track entirely devoted to presenting results and perspectives of EU research projects on Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing. This session features a good opportunity for presenters to disseminate the results of their project and for participants to get an updated view of the ongoing research on Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing. More info at: http://esocc2018.disco.unimib.it/index.php/eu-projects-track/
- Event date:Monday, 24 September, 2018 to Friday, 28 September, 2018Place:Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Madrid - Spain
The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) is the premier European software architecture conference, providing researchers, practitioners and educators with a platform to present and discuss the most recent, innovative and significant findings and experiences in the field of software architecture research and practice.The 12th Edition (ECSA 2018) will be held on 24 – 28 September 2018 at Madrid, Spain, and is hosted by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM).The program committee seeks submissions of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications & experience reports on all topics related to software architectures and workshop proposals as well.The program committee seeks submissions of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications & experience reports on all topics related to software architectures and workshop proposals as well.The papers and proposals need to be submitted by the following deadlines:
Selected papers from the conference will be considered for a special Journal on Software Architecture.Find more information here.
- Research/Industrial and Education abstracts (March 12th, 2018)
- Research/Industrial and Education papers (March 23rd, 2018)
- Workshop proposals (March 1st, 2018).
- Event date:Tuesday, 25 September, 2018Place:Madrid (Spain)
Software architecture is a critical cornerstone of the current complex software systems. This workshop aims at discuss on advanced solutions for systems involving one or several of the following technological paradigms: big data, or big data integration with cloud computing / IOT / HPC / artificial intelligence. Industrial case studies including demonstrations and applied research experiences reports for novel contributions as well as visionary papers are welcome. Overall design and performance issues and challenges are expected to be addressed. Moreover, solutions to enforce both security, transparency and ethics by design are also expected.
SACBD is co-located with ECSA2018, all information can be found here
Call for papers
Short papers (2-3 pages average length. 4 pages max. length) are requested. It is estimated to accept 3 papers per thematic slot, which means a maximum of 12 papers.
This is a forum for discussing the different architectural challenges related to big data. Envisaged thematic slots are the following:
- software architectures in genuine big data scenarios (big data)
- combining big data and IoT and/or exploiting big data with HPC (big data integration with cloud computing / IOT / HPC)
- applying machine learning to big data scenarios (big data integration with artificial intelligence)
- fostering businesses with big data through cloud and analytics (industrial case studies, demonstrations and applied research experiences reports, visionary papers)
Submitted papers will be ranked according to the established selection criteria by the Workshop Committee. Registration to the main conference ECSA2018 is a prerequisite for acceptance.
- Papers submission: June 11
- Acceptance notification: July 3
- Camera ready: July 12
Papers must follow the ACM formatting instructions:http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Submission site:
- Daniel Alonso, ITI, Spain
- Zoltan Mann, Paluno (Uni. Duisburg-Essen), Germany
- Almudena Sánchez, GMV, Spain
- César Alfaro, URJC, Spain
- Ali Serdar Atalay, Bitnet, Turkey
- Peter Baumann, rasdaman, Germany
- Arne Berre, SINTEF, Norway
- David Bowden, DELL, Ireland
- Javier Del Ser, TECNALIA, Spain
- Omar Elloumi, NOKIA, Ireland
- Alberto Fernández, URJC, Spain
- Javier Gómez, URJC, Spain
- Ibai Laña, TECNALIA, Spain
- Andreas Metzger, Paluno (Uni. Duisburg-Essen), Germany
- Ignacio Olabarrieta, TECNALIA, Spain
- Angel Serrano Sánchez de León, URJC, Spain
- Ana Isabel Torre, TECNALIA, Spain
- Anwar Vahed, DIRISA, South Africa
- Juan Manuel Vara, URJC, Spain
- Event date:Monday, 15 October, 2018 to Tuesday, 16 October, 2018Place:Helsinki
Neural Networks 2018 aims in proclaim knowledge and share new ideas amongst the professionals, industrialists, researchers, and students from research area of Artificial Intelligence. This scientific gathering guarantees that offering the thoughts and ideas will enable and secure you the theme “Harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence”. More information at: https://neuralnetworks.conferenceseries.com/
- Event date:Monday, 15 October, 2018 to Wednesday, 17 October, 2018Place:Bilbao
The 12th International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing will take place in Bilbao from the 15th to the 17th October 2018.Organised by Joint Research Lab and the Department of Communications Engineering
of University of the Basque Country (UPV-EHU), IDC aims to gather researchers and practitioners to foster and ease rich discussions around the latest findings, research achievements and ideas in the area of Intelligent Distributed Computing. It provides an open forum for enhancing the collaboration between researchers, lecturers, and students from Intelligent Computing and Distributing Computing communities.IDC 2018 welcomes research works centred on all above aspects of intelligent distributed computing, with an intention to balance between theoretical research ideas and their practicability as well as industrial applicability. To this end, scholars and practitioners from academia and industrial fields are invited to submit high- quality original contributions to IDC 2018.
The deadline for submitting papers is the 9th of April.
All accepted papers will be included in the Symposium Proceedings, which will be published by Springer as part of their series Studies in Computational Intelligence.Additional information about the event and the call for papers are available here.
- Event date:Tuesday, 23 October, 2018 to Wednesday, 24 October, 2018Place:La Valleta (Malta)
The conference on Ontologies, DataBases, and Applications of Semantics for Large Scale Information Systems (ODBASE’18) provides a forum on the use of ontologies, rules and data semantics in novel applications. Of particular relevance to ODBASE are papers that bridge traditional boundaries between disciplines such as artificial intelligence and Semantic Web, databases, data science, data analytics and machine learning, human-computer interaction, social networks, distributed and mobile systems, data and information retrieval, knowledge discovery, and computational linguistics. More information at: http://www.otmconferences.org/index.php/conferences/odbase-2018
- Event date:Thursday, 25 October, 2018 to Saturday, 27 October, 2018Place:Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology (RECSM) at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
BigSurv18 will be held October 25–27, 2018, at the Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, Spain.The conference offers an opportunity to address the ongoing paradigm shift in how researchers produce, analyze, and use statistics. The event, hosted by the European Survey Research Association (ESRA), is intended to foster communication, collaboration, and understanding between two groups: (1) computer and data scientists focusing on emerging Big Data sources and analysis techniques, and (2) methodologists and researchers working on traditional sources of data collection and statistical analyses.Presenters from the various disciplines and around the world are invited to submit an abstract for presentation at the conference.
Abstracts for presentation at the conference on the theme “Exploring New Statistical Frontiers at the Intersection of Survey Science and Big Data" are currently accepted. More information is available here.Find more information about the conference here.