You are here
- Event date:Tuesday, 3 November, 2015 to Wednesday, 4 November, 2015Place:Imagine Auditorium, Barcelona.(Spain)
It is the reference conference about Big Data in Catalonia. It is a place to meet trends and the state of the art about Big Data Technology, to share experiences and to generate a networking environment between all attendees.
Conference webpage: http://www.bigdatabcn.com/en/big-data-congress/
- Event date:Wednesday, 28 October, 2015 to Friday, 30 October, 2015Place:Bucharest, Romania
The Tenth Conference on Image Information Mining will be held at the Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania from 28 to 30 October 2015. Earth Observation, geosciences, multimedia location awareness, tagging, spatial context analysis and related fields share similar challenges to search, discover and understand the content of huge open access spatial data sets. The past decade has experienced an outbreak of new concepts and methodologies to capture, analyze and understand the geospatial information thus allowing the end users applications to evolve to a next generation of joint Earth Observation - Multimedia information retrieval systems. This year's IIM Conference aims to bring together specialists/contributions from these ever evolving domains and to bridge the gap between EO and Multimedia, to the common benefit of both communities.
The details are available on the conference web site:
- Event date:Wednesday, 28 October, 2015Place:Brussels, Belgium
Activity Group meeting to work on Task Forces.
- Event date:Tuesday, 20 October, 2015 to Thursday, 22 October, 2015Place:Lisbon (Centro de Congressos de Lisboa (CCL))
This event is organised by the European Commission, together with the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia and configures the main meeting point for all ICT related topics in Horizon 2020. Policy sessions carried out by the Commission, jointly with Work Programme 2016/2017 thematic sessions will present the main opportunities for Research and Innovation in ICT in the following years.
Connections will be established among participants in the networking sessions or in the exhibition zone, where collaboration agreements for projects will be initiated, and startups and SMEs will be supported to start, grow and scale up their business throughout Europe and globally in the Startup Europe Forum.
- Event date:Thursday, 15 October, 2015 to Saturday, 17 October, 2015Place:Madrid, Spain
Talk Title/ Activity: TBD
Audience Type: TBD
Contact Url: TBD
- Event date:Wednesday, 14 October, 2015Place:Dublin, Ireland
The BYTE project is exploring scientific and industrial organizations in Europe to gain a greater understanding of the positive and negative externalities associated with Big Data. This month the BYTE project will host a worksop on “Exploring the Positive and Negative Impacts of Big Data Across Sectors”. In this workshop the results of this research will be presented including:
- A series of case studies and focus groups on Big Data in various sectors such Smart cities (Siemens) and Energy (Statoil).
- The results of a horizontal analysis to identify the positive and negative impacts, practices, barriers or outcomes of Big Data projects that are shared across different case study sectors
- Evaluation of societal impacts as evidenced within the different disciplines using the case studies and the horizontal analysis as a backdrop
The workshop will be held in Dublin, Ireland on 14 October 2014 from 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM at the following venue:
NDRC, The Digital Exchange,
Dublin 8, Ireland
More information: http://byte-project.eu/byte-workshops/
- Event date:Wednesday, 7 October, 2015Place:Milan, Italy - EXPO 2015
In the EU Pavilion of the Milan Expo 2015, EIT Digital brought together students, startups, business developers, researchers, thought leaders and industrial partners for a seminar on the shift towards a Data economy and how EIT Digital anticipates the challenges and accelerates the opportunities.
- Event date:Sunday, 27 September, 2015Place:Milan, Italy - EXPO 2015
The goal of the event is to socialize the activities carried out in the area of Privacy, Security & Trust by the EIT Digital and promote the Data Economy, which is of ever-increasing importance in the era of digitalisation and pervasive usage of computing machines and smart devices in the cyberspace, for business, public administration and customers. Indeed, a growing availability of appropriately leveraged open data is bringing us into the Data Economy, a fil rouge for all the EIT Digital activities.
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.it/e/the-data-economy-in-privacy-security-trust-r...
- Event date:Tuesday, 22 September, 2015Place:Online
In the context of the EU Data Market study, the BDVA Secretary General Stuart Campbell will present the current status of Big Data Value PPP, the next steps, and how you can be involved.
An open question and answer session is foreseen.
IDC will provide a general introduction on the study and Europe´s data market size, growth and its ecosystem.
Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7873039086115660802
- Event date:Tuesday, 22 September, 2015Place:Microsoft Center (Rue Montoyer, 51, 1000 Brussels)
Unleashing data-driven marketing in Europe and answer these three questions:
What are the innovation trends that marketers need to be aware of?
What are the remaining barriers or challenges to becoming a data-driven European economy?
How to reach the right balance between Big Data and privacy?
- Event date:Tuesday, 15 September, 2015Place:Haus der Ingenieure, Eschenbachgasse 9, 1010 Wien
Christian Dirschl (Wolters Kluwer) will present the BDVA.
- Event date:Monday, 14 September, 2015Place:Milan, Italy - EXPO 2015
The goal of this event is to showcase the activities we carry out in the area of Urban Life and Mobility at EIT Digital and promote the Data Economy in a sustainable world
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.it/e/the-data-economy-in-urban-life-and-mobility-...
- Event date:Friday, 24 July, 2015Place:Online
Start: 24/07/2015 11.00 am CET
End: 24/07/2015 12.00 pm CET
- Event date:Wednesday, 8 July, 2015Place:Brussles
- Event date:Friday, 19 June, 2015Place:Madrid
- Event date:Thursday, 18 June, 2015Place:Madrid
- Event date:Wednesday, 17 June, 2015 to Friday, 19 June, 2015Place:Madrid
The aim of the BDVA Summit is to inform about the BDVA activities, present the main expected funding opportunities in the field of Big Data and to set-up dialogues to discuss opportunities and challenges offered by Big Data among the European Big Data Community.
Read more on the news page.
- Event date:Wednesday, 17 June, 2015Place:Madrid