EFFRA, ECSO and the European Commission's DG Connect will co-host a workshop centred on cybersecurity for manufacturing environments. The workshop will draw attention to the fundamental importance of cybersecurity challenges in manufacturing environments and where they are not yet fully recognised and addressed.
- Event date:Wednesday, 17 October, 2018Place:BrusselsEvent type:
- Event date:Tuesday, 23 October, 2018 to Wednesday, 24 October, 2018Place:La Valleta (Malta)
The conference on Ontologies, DataBases, and Applications of Semantics for Large Scale Information Systems (ODBASE’18) provides a forum on the use of ontologies, rules and data semantics in novel applications. Of particular relevance to ODBASE are papers that bridge traditional boundaries between disciplines such as artificial intelligence and Semantic Web, databases, data science, data analytics and machine learning, human-computer interaction, social networks, distributed and mobile systems, data and information retrieval, knowledge discovery, and computational linguistics. More information at: http://www.otmconferences.org/index.php/conferences/odbase-2018
- Event date:Thursday, 25 October, 2018 to Saturday, 27 October, 2018Place:Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology (RECSM) at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
BigSurv18 will be held October 25–27, 2018, at the Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, Spain.The conference offers an opportunity to address the ongoing paradigm shift in how researchers produce, analyze, and use statistics. The event, hosted by the European Survey Research Association (ESRA), is intended to foster communication, collaboration, and understanding between two groups: (1) computer and data scientists focusing on emerging Big Data sources and analysis techniques, and (2) methodologists and researchers working on traditional sources of data collection and statistical analyses.Presenters from the various disciplines and around the world are invited to submit an abstract for presentation at the conference.
Abstracts for presentation at the conference on the theme “Exploring New Statistical Frontiers at the Intersection of Survey Science and Big Data" are currently accepted. More information is available here.Find more information about the conference here.
- Event date:Tuesday, 30 October, 2018Place:Webinar
How to Value Your Data: Exploring Data Monetisation Practices in EuropeWebinar - 30 October 2018 - 14h00:15h00 CETLeveraging the results of two recent studies: European Data Market Study on the Data Economy and the study on B2B Data Sharing in Europe, this webinar will explore how data monetisation unfolds in practice and how the reality is shaping behind the hype. Register here.Key Speakers:
- Catarina Arnaut, business leader, Everis
- Katarzyna Jakimowicz, associate director, the Lisbon Council
- Giorgio Michelleti, consulting director, International Data Corporation (IDC)
For more information, visit www.datalandscape.eu
- Event date:Wednesday, 7 November, 2018Place:Brussels
The European Commission in collaboration with BDVA (and in particular with TF1.SG4, I-Spaces subgroup), organises a meeting on Digital Innovation Hubs on Big Data next November 7th in Brussels.
This meeting of the DIH Working Group will focus in particular on the Big Data sector, exploring how Digital Innovation Hubs can help boost the uptake of this technology by SMEs and contribute to the European data economy.
The meeting aims in particular to:
- Collect input for the definition of the Big Data Innovation Hubs in the upcoming open call DT-ICT-05 of Horizon 2020 (work programme for the year 2020).
- Contribute to the definition, role and implementation of the DIH concept in the upcoming EU programmes Digital Europe and Horizon Europe proposed from 2021.
- Collect input and contributions for the DIHs on AI.
Find further information and link to registration hereEvent type:
- Event date:Monday, 12 November, 2018 to Wednesday, 14 November, 2018Place:Vienna
After the great success of last edition, the European Big Data Value Forum 2018 will be held in Vienna from the 12th to the 14th of November 2018. Save the date, stayed tuned, and contribute to shape the European Data and AI ecosystem!!! Further information will be shared soon on the EBDVF website. And follow us @BDVA_PPP and #ebdvf18.Event type:
- Event date:Thursday, 15 November, 2018 to Friday, 16 November, 2018Place:París
On 15 and 16 November 2018, the Embassy of Netherlands will organize in Paris the Erasme-Descartes conference, in collaboration with the French Embassy in Netherlands and under the auspices of the Franco-Dutch Initiative (IFN).Held alternately in Paris and Amsterdam since 2002, this conference aims to stimulate dialogue between France and the Netherlands and is a flagship event in bilateral Franco-Dutch cooperation.This year, 150 experts from the world of business, civil society and the public sector are invited to participate in the conference. Following the big data theme in 2017, this year's theme is artificial intelligence. More info at: https://www.paysbasetvous.nl/votre-pays-et-les-pays-bas/france/erasmus-d...
- Event date:Tuesday, 4 December, 2018 to Thursday, 6 December, 2018Place:Vienna
The 2018 Austrian Presidency will host the next ICT event at the Austria Centre Vienna in December 2018. The ICT events organised since 1998 by the European Commission have become Europe's most visible international forums for ICT innovation and a unique gathering of the entire ICT research and innovation community.Event type: